Around the World Travel Update: July 2012

Everything Everywhere Logo

Dear Rick,

Hello from New York City!
 
It has been a while since I've sent out an update, but I've busy traveling! 

I sent my last email more than a month ago when I was in Hong Kong. Since then I: 
  • Finished my 2 week travel photography tour in the American Southwest. 
  • Edited over 10,000 photos I've taken from the first half of 2012.
  • Spoke the the world's largest travel blog conference in Colorado.
  • Spent 4 days in a zodiac boat visiting a remote  UNESCO site in British Columbia.
  • Spent a week driving around Sweden. 
I'm currently in New York for a week before I head out for more adventures for the rest of the summer. 

In August I'll be San Francisco for a travel writing conference, northern Manitoba to take photos of polar bears and I'll be announcing a big project for the middle of the month in the coming weeks. 

Keep traveling,

Gary


New at the Website
Win a $1,000 Scottevest Shopping Spree!

Seligman, Arizona

20% off all your Scottevest purchasesWe've done contests giving away Scottevest gear before, but we've never done anything this big! This is your chance to win an entire wardrobe for your next big trip. You can fill your suitcase with Scottevest gear, the same travel clothing I wear every day.

Even if you don't win, you can still get get
20% off all your Scottevest purchases by just using this code.  

The contest will be open until July 21.  [Enter to win...]

My Travel Plans for the Rest of 2012


Seligman, Arizona

The last week has been very busy for me. Flew to Denver and met with the folks at G Adventures where we did a photo shoot and had meetings. I then went to Keystone to attend this year's TBEX conference, which was a great experience. The first half of 2012 has been very busy for me in terms of travel. Just to recap where I've been this year...  [Read more...]

Photo Essay: Lord Howe Island

Lord Howe Island might just be the most beautiful place on Earth. If not, it's certainly in the running. Home of the world's southernmost coral reef it is located almost 500 miles off the eastern coast of Australia. Lord Howe is a little visited part of New South Wales. To give you an idea of how special the island is, only 400 visitors are allowed on the island at any one time and there is no mobile phone service anywhere on the island.
[Read more...]


Lord Howe Island


An Ode to My Lens: 2007-2012

My old and trusty 18-200mm  lens

I am here to say goodbye to an old friend. A friend who has traveled with me for the last five years and has seen most of the same incredible things which I have. A friend who has stuck by me when everything else left. A constant companion who has never left my side through good times and bad. I am of course talking about my Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G VR DX Zoom Nikkor Lens.
[Read more...]

8 Things You Might Not Have Known About Haida Gwaii

I've arrived in the island of Haida Gwaii in the Canadian Pacific Northwest. It is an area which doesn't get a lot of visitors and few people are familiar with. It is a shame, because it is one of the most special places in North America... 1) Haida Gwaii exists. If you've looked at a map of Canada or North America, you've probably seen it even if you didn't know what it was. It is a triangular group of islands about 120km off the coast of the British Columbia mainland.
[Read more...]


Haida Gwaii



Daily Travel Photos
July 1, 2012
Sleeping seal on Half Moon  Island, Antarctica Antarctica
June 30, 2012
Glienicke Bridge in Potsdam,  Germany Potsdam, Germany
June 29, 2012
The historic Kura Hulanda  Hotel in Willemstad, Curacao Curacao
June 28, 2012
Aerial view of the rim of the  Grand Canyon, Arizona Grand Canyon, AZ
June 27, 2012
Fort Lovrijenac, Dubrovnik,  Croatia Dubrovnik, Croatia
June 26, 2012
Sunset on the Golden Gate  Bridge San Francisco, CA
June 25, 2012
The lagoon on Lord Howe  Island Australia
June 24, 2012
Abandoned whaling ship on  Deception Island, Antarctica Antarctica
June 23, 2012
The town of Vernazza in  Liguria, Italy Liguria, Italy
June 22, 2012
Inside Antelope Canyon,  Navajo Nation, AZ Navajo Nation, AZ
June 21, 2012
A winding road in Death Valley  National Park, California
Death Valley, CA
June 20, 2012
A rocky creek in the Cerdanya  Region of Spain
Cerdanya, Spain
June 19, 2012
A penguin diving into  Paradise Bay, Antarctica Antarctica
June 18, 2012
The Bryce Canyon Ampitheater,  Utah Bryce Canyon, UT
June 17, 2012
My friend Barry on Waya  Lailai Island, Fiji Fiji

This Week in Travel: Episode 117
This week was the annual live TBEX edition of This Week in Travel. We had a cast of 10's on the show and had a great time. This is an extra long podcast so be prepared!

[Hear it now...]


July 2012 Wallpaper

Bryce Canyon, Utah

July 2012  wallpaper


World Heritage Site of the Week

UNESCO World Heritage Site #23: Hwaseong Fortress

From the World Heritage Inscription: "When the Choson emperor Chongjo moved his father's tomb to Suwon at the end of the 18th century, he surrounded it with strong defensive works, laid out according to the precepts of an influential military architect of the period, who brought together the latest developments in the field from both East and West. The massive walls, extending for nearly 6 km, still survive; they are pierced by four gates and equipped with bastions, artillery towers and other features."

Suwon is about an hour ride by commuter train from Seould. When I arrived in Suwon I walked to the castle, getting lost on the way in the cold weather. When I got to the castle I just walked up the first stairs I found along the wall of the castle. When I get to the top of the hill, I find a ton of people, cameras, lights, and big cranes. They were shooting a movie! Me, some dopy white guy with a camera, comes over the top of the hill where no one was stationed, because they didn't think anyone would be walking around the part of the grounds. I stuck around for about an hour watching everyone do their thing.

To this day I have no idea what the name of the movie was. If anyone can help me figure it out, I'd love to track down the movie and watch it. The shooting of the movie too place in early/mid-December of 2007.

UNESCO World Heritage Site #23:  Hwaseong Fortress


Everything-Everywhere.com
N3471 Pinecrest La
Hortonville, WI 54944
Usa


To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:
http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?7BwsTEzMtKyMHKxMTOyctEa0jKwMjExsjMw=

0 Response to "Around the World Travel Update: July 2012"

Post a Comment

Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Car Blog Animals Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario arrozinhoii sonasol