The True Football Manager

The True Football Manager


In 6 points from playoffs…

Posted: 24 Apr 2011 09:20 AM PDT

Dear readers, another episode of Boston story today!

As you understand from the post title Boston United is in 6 points from playoffs zone in the Championship now. Only 10 fixtures left. I don't really believe that we can catch on playoffs this year… But let's start from the very beginning uncovering the latest January transfers of my club.

Latest transfers

I was telling about start of winter transfer campaign in the previous story post. Now I can tell how it's come to an end.

I made a new transfer record paying $1.5M for talented attacking midfielder Davie McLean.

Davie McLean in FM 2011

Davie McLean in Football Manager 2011

Scout informed me that this guy can be good Premier League player in future. Another good point is that McLean can perform at both MC and AMR positions.

 

Then I decided to sell awkward and somewhat weird giant forward Stefan Maierhofer. I have too many forwards because 2 new guys were signed in January: Eddie Johnson and Morten Rasmussen. Both were described in the previous Boston story post by the way. So Maierhofer didn't impress me during the first half of the season and was sold for only $35K releasing part of wage budget:

Stefan Maierhofer in FM 2011

Stefan Maierhofer in Football Manager 2011

You see Maierhofer managed to score only 6 goals in 19 matches Sad

image

 

Boston results

Regarding our first attempt in the Championship… we are still in the middle of the table:

image

I can't say we could be much higher. There are many very strong teams in the Championship. For instance, Leeds and Peterborough are too tough for us to gain at least a draw.

image

January was a month of high complexity for Boston United. 4 first matches were played against clubs from TOP 6. Then there were 2 quite optional draws. And only after that Boston United returned to the way of successful results. I don't feel my club can promote this year as well. Too tough task with the squad I have at the moment…

Just look at our encounter with Leeds United. Total advantage by Championship leaders:

image

What I can say… Leeds has many excellent footballers of Premier League level in the squad.

 

Unfortunately my players didn't seize on advantage in the away game against Blackpool. Former Premier League team didn't frighten my guys, but they were not able to score at least once.

image

 

Boston players

image

image

Among the best players I can enumerate Ryan Mason, Pascal Yarbo, Emil Halfredsson. Ryan Mason made a very good debut as a new Boston playmaker creating 4 assists and 1 goal.

The worst players of this season are Franklin Anzite and Antony Di Lallo at the moment. I got tired of Anzite due to 3 penalties caused by his mistakes in the area. Di Lallo is merely my transfer mistake, I should confess.

 

Season #5. Last 10 fixtures

Here are the matches my Boston will play in the upcoming future:

image

Burnley and Reading are certainly strong opponents. Other teams are truly possible to be overcome in my opinion.

How do you think: is it possible to overtake teams in the playoffs zone?

 

NTM's video story: Season 2, Episode 4

In the end – another episode of NTM's video story:


0 Response to "The True Football Manager"

Post a Comment

Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Car Blog Animals Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario arrozinhoii sonasol